Serving Hertfordshire since 1955
Roast Beef with Roasted Tomatoes
- • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
- rosemary leaves
- • 1/3 cup olive oil
- • 2kg beef rump roast
- • 4 garlic cloves, cut into thirds
- • 1kg sebago potatoes, chopped
- • 3 x 240g packets cherry truss
- 1. Combine vinegar, thyme, rosemary and 2 tablespoons oil in a jug. Place beef in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Using a small sharp knife, cut twelve 2cm-long x 3cm deep slits over beef. Insert garlic slices in slits. Pour over vinegar mixture. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, if time permits.
- 2. Preheat oven to high temperature. Lightly grease a baking tray. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place beef and potatoes in prepared tray.
- 3. Reduce temperature to medium. Roast beef and potatoes, for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven. Cover. Rest beef for 20 minutes. Place tomatoes in a baking tray. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse.
- 4. Slice beef.
- Serving suggestion:
- Serve with potatoes, tomatoes and tapenade
“Amazing service for over 25 years. Why would anyone go anywhere else?”