Serving Hertfordshire since 1955
- • 5mlsp (1tsp) Oil
- • 1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- • 500g (1.1lb) Lean pork mince
- • 2 pieces glacé stem giner in syrup,
- • 5 Dried apricots, roughly chopped
- • Seasoning
- 1. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the onion untill soft. Put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- 2. Place the pork mince in a bowl and add the cooked onions, ginger, apricots, seasoning and mix thoroughly to combine all the ingredients together.
- 3. Divide and shap the meat mixture into 4 burgers. Place on a sheet of foil, cover and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill and set.
- 4. Preheat the grill then place the burgers on to a grill pan trivet. Cook for 15 minutes, carefully turning halfway through the cooking time.
- 5. Serve on a large pile of mixed leaves.
- Serving suggestion:
- An interesting dressing can be made by combining 2 x 15mlsp (2tbsp) of ginger syrup with 2 x 15mlsp (2tbsp) olive oil.
“I like shopping at GS Pickett because it's the best meat and the best staff!”